Hardwood Flooring Specialists
Bringing Today's Decor to Yesterday's Floors
Contact Us today for your FREE Flooring Review!
Installation Services - Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Tired of old, dirty and worn wood floors?
Old filthy carpets?
Get rid of them!
Hardwood floor refinishing is an old world trade that dates back centuries. It was and still is a craft that is difficult and requires a skilled hand and creative artistry which we have acquired after 20 years in the business (Wow! Has it been that long?). Any wood floor artisan can appreciate the work of our forefathers! I am sure you can too!
Although we still crawl around on our hands and knees, technology advancements have maximized dust control, improved the results of the finished product and increased the productivity and time necessary to complete a wood floor refinishing project.
Whether you want to restore your old wood floors to their original state to retain the integrity and character of your old home, or you want the basic refinishing of a typical oak wood floor, we are equipped to take on any size job. As a fully insured and licensed NJ flooring contractor you can be assured the job will be performed correctly and your home well protected.
Just a note to thank you for such an excellent job. My wife and I were hoping that our ancient floors would look good with the right craftsmen’s touch, but they far exceed our expectations.
We truly appreciate the extra effort and look forward to working with you on the downstairs floors soon.
Contact us and allow us to preserve your wood flooring with the beauty nature supplied and we will provide!
Nothing is more serene than the warmth of a beautifully finished wood floor. Call Today!
The refinishing services we can provide include:
- Sealing and protecting work areas
- Carpet removal and hauling if needed
- Tile removal
- Furniture moving
- Full floor sanding
- Floor scraping
- Wood floor staining in all colors including custom blending
- Wood floor finish recoating
- Garbage hauling
- Stairs and riser refinishing
- Rail and banister refinishing
- Full crack repair and void filling.
- custom staining, blending of colors and sampling
- Greys, whites, and charcoal and blacks.
- staining in tints and tones in virtually any color on a pallet
- tinting and toning
What should you do to prepare for your wood floor refinishing?
Remove all furniture, unless we are providing that service. Leave a clear path to your circuit panel (we will need access to it). Move all knick knacks, valuables, electronics and breakables.
When refinishing your hardwood flooring, we offer oil modified (oil based) and environmentally friendly waterborne (water based) finishes from industry noted manufacturers such as:
Last N Last Absco
Last N Last 1500
Last N Last 700
Bona Dri fast stains
Basic Coatings Street Shoe
Minwax oil penetrating stains
Wood Floor Finishes
When choosing the right type of finish for your wood floor, consider your lifestyle and maintenance preferences. All wood floors will require routine maintenance, such as sweeping or dust mopping, to keep them looking beautiful and new. But different wood flooring finishes will have a big impact on how you care for your floor long-term, as well as how your floor will look in the years to come.
Surface finishes are very popular because they are durable, water-resistant and require minimal maintenance. Surface finishes are blends of synthetic resins. These finishes most often are referred to as urethane or polyurethanes and remain on the surface of the wood to form a protective coating. There are several types of surface finishes available: water-based, oil-based, acid-cured, and moisture-cured.
*Please note that not all of the finishes listed are available, but are shown for informational purposes of the different processes.
- Water-based finishes appear clear and will resist turning yellow over time. They have a mild odor when applied and will dry in two to three hours. Water-based finishes are very durable.
- Oil-based finishesappear amber in color. They have a moderate odor when applied and will dry in about eight hours. Oil-based finishes are very durable.
- Acid-cured finishes appear clear to slightly amber. They have a strong odor when applied and will dry in about two to three hours. Acid-cured finishes are extremely durable.
- Moisture-cured finishes appear clear to amber. They have a strong odor when applied and will dry in about two to three hours in humid conditions. Moisture-cured finishes are extremely durable and are more moisture-resistant than other surface finishes.
- Wax finishes soak into the pores of the wood and harden to form a protective penetrating seal, which will appear low luster and amber in color. They have a mild odor when applied and will dry in a variable amount of time, depending on the type of wax used and the job-site conditions. Wax finishes are durable, but will show spots from water and other contaminates.
- Acrylic impregnated finishes are injected into the wood to create a super-hard, extremely durable floor. Acrylic impregnated finishes rarely are used in residential applications. They most often are used in very high traffic areas in commercial settings such as malls and restaurants.
So why choose us?
Because you have everything to gain. We care for your home, we make it beautiful and we stand by our work!
After we are completed with your refinishing project, we will stand behind our work for the lifetime of your wood flooring with our industry noted warranty. We never stop caring about how our work was performed. Because we will do the job right or die trying, we are confident enough to offer you a lifetime warranty on our workmanship.
What does this mean? Will the finish last forever? No. There isn't any hardwood floor finish that will last forever, but no finish should prematurely wear, flake, chip or peel if properly applied and maintained. Every household is different and the performance of any wood floor finish will be determined by the maintenance and traffic level of the home.
Maintaining your hardwood floors properly after refinishing will keep your floors looking beautiful and preserve the life of your floor!
PROTECT THE FLOOR
Do not cover or use rugs on the floor until one to two weeks after the finish has been applied. After that you can begin using tracking mats at exterior doors, in front of sinks, refrigerator and wherever heavy traffic occurs. Place felt pads or floor glides under chairs and other furniture to prevent scratching. Never wax the base of chair legs.
Dust, mop or vacuum the floors with a bristle head vacuum on a regular basis. Spills and tracked in dirt may require more than dust mopping. To thoroughly clean the floor, lightly sponge-mop with hardwood flooring cleaner available through your wood floor professional. We'll be happy to give you some suggestions.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
Some cleaners and polishes can damage water-based finishes. Never use paste wax, wax, silicone-based polish, solvent, pine-based cleaners, vinegar or ammonia products on the wood floor. Wax or polish can actually make the floor more difficult to clean and will create problems when the floor requires finishing.
A hardwood floor should be re-coated when the original finish is showing signs of wear, but before it has worn down to the bare wood. Once worn to the bare wood, the floor will stain easily and may require sanding. Contact us when the floor shows signs of wear.
*All of our work is warrantied to be free of defective workmanship of product for the life of your floor. Normal wear and tear, neglect, carelessness or environmental conditions do not apply. We will provide a re-coating or full wood floor refinishing at our cost only.*
Give us a call today. You'll be glad you did!
We service most of New Jersey including: Kinnelon, West Milford, Summit, Chatham, Morristown, New Vernon, Vernon, Madison, Mendham, Sparta, Saddle River, River Vale, Alpine, Closter, Cresskill, Westfield, Scotch Plains, Far Hills, Bedminster, Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, Harding, Short Hills, Martinsville, Franklin Lakes, Wyckoff, Essex Fells, Montclair and Glen Ridge. We also service Orange and Rockland County in New York as well as New York City.
CALL TODAY 201-615-3660
Click Here to read what people are saying.