In recent blogs, we’ve taken the opportunity to highlight what sets us apart from other hardwood flooring contractors in New Jersey and New York, in addition to detailing each of our flooring services, from hardwood floor refinishing and repairs to ceramic tile installation and stair replacement.
Who We Are
But no matter which of our services you are interested in, you can expect excellence from All Flortec Inc. We go above and beyond the expectations of our customers to deliver stunning results — on time, and within the predetermined budget. More specifically, here’s how we separate ourselves from other hardwood flooring companies in the region:
- No Gimmicks – We mean what we say and we do what we say we will! That means punctuality, communication, and attention to detail.
- Decades of Experience – We combine excellent craftsmanship and skill with high-quality materials and affordable prices in New Jersey & New York
- Outcome-Minded, Process-Focused – It’s not just about how the job turns out, it’s about how the work was performed and how you were treated.
Whether the project you have in mind is commercial or residential in nature, you can count on us to deliver in terms of both logistics and results. We understand that the end result is crucial, but we want to make sure you are satisfied with the entire process in terms of how the work was performed, how communicative we were, and how we conducted ourselves in your home or place of business.
For our part, we’ve found that practically all of our customers are thrilled with our level of professionalism and courtesy. We operate the way we would want a hardwood flooring contractor to conduct themselves in our own home — and thinking of it like that makes it easy!
New Jersey Hardwood Floor Installation
We are pleased to have the opportunity to highlight our hardwood floor installation process. We’ve been flooring professionals since 1991, we offer a Lifetime Warranty on all wood flooring and refinishing work, and we offer free estimates. But there is plenty more that goes into our installation process than just that, so let’s dive in!
When thinking about installing hardwood floor in your home, most people are focused on the aesthetic benefit they stand to gain. While this is no doubt a fundamental driver for anyone seriously considering a new wood floor, it’s far from the only reason to get it done.
Without exaggeration, hardwood floor installation might just be the best decision you can make for your home. Not only will the outcome leave you pleased (assuming you choose All Flortec, naturally), but modern hardwood flooring options have never been as diverse. There are seemingly endless species, meaning you can find the ideal choice to accent your home’s unique style. As such, there are eco-friendly flooring choices that offer unique advantages when compared with typical kinds of wood flooring (ask us about this!)
Likewise, installing a hardwood floor will increase your home’s valuation, leading to faster resell rates if and when you cross that bridge.
Prefinished Flooring Options
All Flortec Inc. offers prefinished flooring installations from name-brand, high-quality manufacturers that include Bruce Flooring, Armstrong Flooring, Century Flooring, Johnson Flooring, and Somerset Flooring.
For our part, we are experienced in installing all species and sizes of unfinished hardwood. We’ll sand and finish the wood in your home to make sure we match it to your home’s distinct personality. We can also make sure we match any existing floor in your home to add a more organic feel to your new floor!
Wood Floor Species
Earlier, we mentioned the nearly endless number of hardwood floor species we have on offer. At the end of the day, you only need one species — so you had better choose the right one! But don’t be alarmed, we are happy to work with you to help you create the floor of your dreams. Common species we offer include:
- Brazilian Cherry
- Santos Mahogany
- So many more!
No matter what kind of wood you have in mind, you can choose our New Jersey hardwood flooring company to install all wood flooring by NWFA (National Wood Flooring Assn) and NOFMA (National Oak Floor Manufacturers Assn) guidelines. This assures you of quality that will last decade after decade!
Common Wood Floor Installation Problems
We sincerely hope that you choose us to be your hardwood floor installation contractor, for both our sake and yours. We will never resort to fear tactics to convince people to choose All Flortec, but we won’t sidestep the truth of the matter either. That’s why we think you should be aware of common wood floor installation problems that we see crop up from time to time.
- Buckled Floors – When the floors pull away from the sub-floor, it’s called buckling. There’s but one reason this would happen — the floors have been exposed to a significant amount of moisture, typically under the floor. Whether the culprit is a broken pipe, poor insulation, or subpar ventilation, we’d have to get in there and look. If you are having this problem, keep in mind we offer hardwood floor repairs as well as installations.
- Wood Floor Cupping – Cupping of wood floors happens when only one side of the wood is exposed to moisture, effectively warping the floor. If cupped floors are quickly dried, usually there is no long-lasting damage. But if they remain moist, the stresses of the boards may alter severely. Keep in mind that minor cupping is normal in most homes, but it is not worth worrying over unless it is noticeable.
- Cracks Between Boards – The two issues above have had to do with moisture, but cracks between boards can occur if there is extreme dryness in a home. When wood floors dry out and shrink, cracks can crop up. However, we’d also like to point out that hairline cracks are typical, especially in North America, especially if you are in a climate where the humidity level changes frequently.
Our Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
The final element of our hardwood floor installation process that we’d like to highlight in today’s blog is all about our warranty. We offer a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty that ensures all work performed will be free of defective workmanship or product for the life of your floor. While normal wear and tear issues don’t apply, you won’t find a better warranty than this in our industry. We want you to have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that we will do the job right the first time, but there will be no issues at all if, for whatever reason, the workmanship or product isn’t quite up to snuff.
For affordable hardwood floor installation in NJ, get your free estimate from All Flortec Inc. We’d love to hear from you!